Going to Kay’s is about summer in the Capital District
It can be compared to the other must do’s of summer in our area,
– Spending a Sunday afternoon at Tanglewood with friends, a great bottle of wine and a foodie picnic
– Catching a movie at the Malta Drive in.
– An afternoon at the Track eating bad food
– People watching on Broadway during track season.
– The Adirondacks, star gazing on a summers night with the black flies or whatever bug is in season.
– Canoeing, Kayaking, Sailing on the river or the bucket of Lakes we have been blessed with.
And then there is Kay’s Burden Lake Restaurant. Long lines, no air conditioning, crooked floors, family style seating and great pizza. Is it the best,?some claim it is. It is very very good no matter what style of pizza you adore. Thick crust, crispy on the outside and warm and chewy on the side. The sauce is wonderful and the cheese is perfect. Toppings are all fresh and there is a wide variety.The appetizers are good and the salad dressing served family style are addictive.
But at the end of the day, I will argue Kay’s is about the pilgrimage about 20 minutes from Albany and in the middle of no where. The lake, the checked curtains, the lines all spell summer. Don’t miss it ! Kay’s closes in early October.
11 Walsh Ln
Averill Park, NY 12018